A few stats to get your head around…..
• 65% of business trip customers book online.
• 88% of leisure trippers research online before buying.
• 56% of movie ticket searches occur on mobile devices.
• 30% of affluent travellers have booked a last-minute trip from a mobile device.
• 59% of hotel guests now book online.
• 54% of people find new brands through search.
• People aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger
• 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles
• Only 20 Fortune 500 companies actually engage with their customers on Facebook, while 83% have a presence on Twitter
• 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour
• Social networks earned an estimated $8.3 billion from advertising last year
• For context, as of July 2015, total worldwide population is 7.3 billion
• There are 2.3 billion active social media users
• 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
• Internet users have an average of 5.54 social media accounts
• Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year
• 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day. That’s 12 each second
• Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp handle 60 billion messages a day
• Google processes 100 billion searches a month
• That’s an average of 40,000 search queries every second
• 89.3% of all internet searches are carried out by Google
• Those searches are carried out by 1.17 billion unique users
• Every day, 16 to 20% of that day’s queries have never been asked before
• Google has answered 450 billion unique queries since 2003
• More than half of Google’s searches come from mobile devices
• By 2014, Google had indexed 30,000,000,000,000 pages of the internet
• To carry out all these searches, Google’s data centre uses 0.01% of worldwide electricity