A few stats to get your head around…..
- 65% of business trip customers book online.
- 88% of leisure trippers research online before buying.
- 56% of movie ticket searches occur on mobile devices.
- 30% of affluent travellers have booked a last-minute trip from a mobile device.
- 59% of hotel guests now book online.
- 54% of people find new brands through search.
- People aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles
- Only 20 Fortune 500 companies actually engage with their customers on Facebook, while 83% have a presence on Twitter
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour
- Social networks earned an estimated $8.3 billion from advertising last year
- For context, as of July 2015, total worldwide population is 7.3 billion
- There are 2.3 billion active social media users
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
- Internet users have an average of 5.54 social media accounts
- Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year
- 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day. That’s 12 each second
- Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp handle 60 billion messages a day
- Google processes 100 billion searches a month
- That’s an average of 40,000 search queries every second
- 89.3% of all internet searches are carried out by Google
- Those searches are carried out by 1.17 billion unique users
- Every day, 16 to 20% of that day’s queries have never been asked before
- Google has answered 450 billion unique queries since 2003
- More than half of Google’s searches come from mobile devices
- By 2014, Google had indexed 30,000,000,000,000 pages of the internet
- To carry out all these searches, Google’s data centre uses 0.01% of worldwide electricity