Social Media FAQ’s and SAQ’s (Should Ask Questions)
Top 5 frequently asked questions I get from business owners in relation to social media. The facts.
- What social media sites should we be using?
- What should we be posting and how often?
- How much time is all this going to take?
- How do we know if it’s working?
- Shouldn’t we just focus on Facebook and Twitter?
The better questions would be to ask
- How can we effectively and efficiently analyse and segment our target market in order to engage in social media?
- How can we use social media to increase our market share, add value to our customers and add more profits to our bottom line?
Top 9 Social Media Sites And Their Reach
Some Interesting Stats To Ponder
- The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year age bracket.
- 189 million of Facebook’s users are ‘mobile only’ (out of 1.19bn)
- YouTube reaches more U.S. adults aged 18-34 than any cable network.
- Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn.
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the web.
- LinkedIn has a lower percentage of active users than Pinterest, Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
- 93% of marketers use social media for business.
- 25% of smartphone owners aged 18-44 say they can’t recall the last time their smartphone wasn’t next to them.
- Even though 62% of marketers blog or plan to blog in 2014, only 9% of US marketing companies employ a full-time blogger.
- 25% of Facebook users don’t bother with privacy settings.
- Women are four times more likely to be Pinterest users than men.
- 23% of Internet users aged 50+ use Pinterest.
- 45% of Internet users aged 65+ use Facebook.
- Twitter and Instagram are still youth dominated networks.